TCC's Self-Employment Program provides a unique opportunity for families and individuals to start and own their own business. This challenge requires commitment and hard work. Eligibility is based on income guidelines.
The Self-Employment program helps potential entrepreneurs evaluate their own unique business ideas and develop viable business. Participants develop viable business and financial plans.
TCC integrates the services of local corporations, lenders and educational institutions so new entrepreneurs can develop and access networks as their businesses grow. Capital is accessed through a revolving loan fund.
Participants completing the program are more optimistic than when they started. Self-sufficiency is enhanced through personal development and increased income. Participants also acquire new business skills and reinforce existing ones. Participants establish good credit and often create jobs for others.
The Self-Employment Program builds and strengthens the economic development of central MN.
We invite you meet the following participants and share their stories.
Read Sally’s Story
Read how Sally was able to open her own hair salon through the help of TCC and the Self-Employment Loan.
- Individualized business management training with an emphasis on "bottom line decision-making"
- Assistance in realistic evaluation of business potential
- Opportunity to apply for start-up loan. (Based on availability of funds)
- Business support network following start-up
Participant must be committed to:
- Timely completion of all required materials
- Attendance at training appointments
- Completion of formal, written business plan